Lack of postings

Family & Friends,

I want to apologize for the lack of postings. For me, it's hard to know what to update on. This is, after all, meant to be a family blog and we're not doing anything as a family due to the separation. And I have no control over T's apathy to update, despite all my efforts to suggest he throw a post together on how the deployment is going so far. :)

For us (Piper & me), it's getting pretty hard. I can't explain why or even if it's normal but the roughest part for me to deal with is at the end. I mean the first few days are sad. Then there's a brief period of enjoyment - maybe it's the only child thing, but I've always valued alone time. That is all followed by plugging along, you have to adjust so you just deal. And that lasts for a while, but getting down to the wire, with less than two months left I just can't wait for it all to be over.
I do think that Piper is ready for T to be home, too. I try not to be one of those crazy people who attaches human thoughts & emotions to their dogs - she is just a dog with limited cognizance - but she does experience things in her own world. And she's different when it's just the two of us. Her energy level, her desire to play, her eating habits - those things and more mild behavior things change when we're here alone. I don't think it's T specific because she's her usual chipper self at mom & dad's. But I think I bore her, and having her daddy home will make her happy down here again.

I will try to devote time today to do short recaps with a few pictures to show you what I've been doing to make the time go by. :)

Comments

Popular Posts