Bragging

I'm amazed by my daughter every day.  I know, all parents are, but H is shockingly smart.  I think I've touched on this before, but I'm not sure.  

It's actually difficult to navigate in social situations.  In general I try to just keep quiet about her.  I don't want to be that person that is always bragging about her kid.  And I definitely don't want it to come off as though I'm trying one-up anyone else, especially my friends.  I am very open about that fact that she's kind of a freak of nature and I have very little to do with it.  I think she might actually have an eidetic memory, although I don't know what that looks like in children.  Or in adults other than TV characters. 

Anyway, sometimes I can't help it.  Sometimes I have to show her off.  I don't want to have a negative reputation or to be perceived as a show-off or, well, brag.  But what 2 year old not only knows circle, triangle, square, etc., but also trapezoid & hexagon?  Sometimes you all need to see the craziness.


Comments

Popular Posts