Eggcellent Fun

A few months ago I saw someone share this craft idea on Facebook. I regrettably don't have the link to the blogger or whomever originated it to give proper credit to the idea. This is one of the reason I don't like when people share things to FB instead of Pinterest. It's difficult to find something you found earlier and almost impossible to credit the source. Anyway. . .

The project was a painting one. You crack eggs as minimally as possible when you use them, rinse them out, fill them with paint, and throw them at canvases. It just looked SO FUN. So I texted a quick screen shot to my friend and neighbor (😬!) saying I know it sounds like a crazy idea, buuuuuut. And we decided to do it. So a little before Easter, on a nice sunny afternoon we embarked on the craft.

(Click on the pictures for a larger view)

The process. . . 









 And the aftermath . . . 

 
 


Overall I think it turned out great. I wasn't sure what to do as far as propping the canvases up. I think it would've been better if we'd had easels to set the canvases a little higher. But I didn't want to buy six easels and a table, and I thought it would be a little nuts if we tried to make them wait their turns. The jungle gym was a suitable backdrop. I think with just a little bit more age (and throwing strength!) and a higher canvas these kids will be pros. It's definitely something I'd do again. 

Comments

Popular Posts