Halloween

We spent this halloween away from daddy but we definitely weren't alone.  We crashed on friends' neighborhood for some dinner and trick-or-treating festivities.  Which, by the way, my kids were terrible at trick-or-treating. H was just sooooo slow and B only wanted to be carried or running down the street yelling 'aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh'.  But we had such a good time.



Everyone loved her Einstein costume.  And honestly the majority of people got it without being told.  I spent the first half of the night coaxing her into getting candy for B (read: me) and we spent the second half of the night with strangers not understanding her desire for more candy saying "I need B[****]'s candy. I need to put in his bucket."




Along the way we ran into a very special princess and also got hop into her house and meet her new little sisters!  I can't wait to get my hands on them for longer this weekend!!



(I don't know why I can't rotate this. Probably an issue with the import from my phone. 
Just turn your head.)


I do have to thank my friends.  It took 5 adults and 7 children to take me from a "I don't want to trick-or-treat or dress up or leave the house or deal with people or do anything other than sit here sad and lonely and frustrated" to having so much fun.  Before going to bed last night I saw their candy buckets.  And I just could not stop smiling. I was overcome by love for them.  Which is still a treat for me, from postpartum difficulties to getting consistently overwhelmed when I have to play the single mom role as I am now.

T is TDY.  H & B are a handful.  But we are loved. And looked after. And we really have the best people.


Plus I pretty much get an endless supply of cuddles from this little snuggly girl which is also great therapy!




Happy Halloween everyone!  Time for turkey :)





Comments

Popular Posts