Thankfulness

Last year I tried and mostly succeeded on spending the month of November writing each day something I'm thankful for.  It was an exercise to get me used to regularly blogging, and also very healthy for the soul to actively take time to appreciate what is good.

I've noticed on facebook quite a few people are repeating the trend this year.  Lord knows I could use the reminder.  With a husband who is TDY and now 2 opinionated, demanding, tantrum-throwing toddler/terrorists attempting a mutiny every day I have had significantly more time spent focusing on the bad.

But if you've also noticed it's 11 days in and I haven't made any posts. While a good number of my choices are strongly rooted in laziness, this is actually by design.  When I thought about trying to do it again this year, I really began to think what could I be thankful for. And November 2013 could pretty much be a carbon copy of November 2012.  Probably with the exception of Notre Dame football.  What happened this year, guys?

I'm off topic.  The point is I'm SUPER GLAD that this is my situation. As much as trying this experiment would be good for me, I'm quite content re-directing y'all to last year's life and saying "it's the same; guys! guys! it's the same!"

So much of our lives, as is with a lot of military families', is ALL. ABOUT. CHANGE. We've lived in more cities than years we've been married. We had a bonus babytm completing our first (and hopefully only) set of Irish twins. T has changed AF career fields 3 times. You see where I'm going here.

Things that have changed this year:
  • I now have 3 wonderful godchildren

  • I've joined MOMS club which is a lifesaver

  • Through that I've made some of the most amazing friends, including a couple more who have been unwittingly added to the "you are stuck with me for life" list

  • Women I love keep popping out babies that I get to snuggle and love and eat and think are the best ever.  And now Kinley & Caris are added to the group of babies that make my ovaries scream "moar babbehz 4 you!" 


Let's do this, next year! May we be in this same spot next fall. Because if I have to be "stuck" not moving forward, this is a pretty good spot to be -- full of warmth, love, and babies that aren't mine.

Comments

Popular Posts