Just a funny story

So I know I have another Ohio trip recap to post about, but I haven't had the time to dedicate to it.  Vacation for a week and then death plague 2012 let our house get pretty messy, so in free time I've been trying to get on top of it.

But we've seen my history, and if I get out of the habit of coming on blogger, you won't see me again for 6 months so I leave you with this story.


H is a very curious, intelligent tiny person.  We try to be honest with her about everything, avoid simplistic/baby talk, and use proper terms for anatomy.  This last one because it's science.  Boys have penises, girls have vaginas.  I don't think it does anyone any favors to tip-toe around genitalia.  It's just our bodies, the way we were made, and there's nothing to be embarrassed about.  I think too many people are uncomfortable with the subject.  It's nature.  It's beautiful.  It's not taboo.  *steps off soapbox*

So when H watches us change B's diaper she started to curiously point.  So we tell her, that's brother's penis.  She's gotten used to it now, so if she happens to be observing a diaper change she proudly displays her knowledge that that thing is a penis.  Well she was in the tub the other day, T was giving her a bath.  She stood up to express she was all done, grabs her vagina and yells "eeeee-nis!" with a huge smile on her face.  Not quite, lovey, but you'll get it eventually. 

Comments

Popular Posts