November 18

So I know I've been thankful for both kids already.  And my family and my life.  But part of this exercise, I think, is to really appreciate some things you take for granted.  And I feel like as much as I love them, lately I've been dying for and relishing my "me time".  I find myself watching the clock for bed time so I can just watch TV or get online.  Which I definitely know I need and I'm not giving up.

But today at Mass the priest talked about the end of life and/or the world.  He told some interesting stories about people he's known and his experience with hospice.  But then he posed the question "what would you do if you only had 20 minutes left to live?"  Not a day, or a week like often asked.

And I didn't even think about it, I just wanted to play with my kids.  To hug them and kiss them and stare at their beautiful faces.  And probably bawl like a baby the entire time which would be confusing and scary for them but even thinking about it now, not seeing them grow up would be horrible.  Knowing that was my fate would be agony.

Sorry for the downer post, but it's what's on my mind.  Back to poop stories & kids-say-the-darndest moments in the future :).

Comments

Popular Posts